Luigi Vigliotti is a former New York State Prosecutor who worked as an Assistant District Attorney in the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office from 2001 to 2004. While in the District Attorney’s Office, he prosecuted a variety of Misdemeanor and Felony cases, tried several Misdemeanor and Felony jury trials to verdict, conducted scores of pretrial suppression hearings, presented Felony cases to the Grand Jury for indictment and handled a wide array of criminal cases from Arraignment to Trial. Upon leaving the District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Vigliotti worked at a prestigious insurance defense firm where he handled a multitude of personal injury, labor law, wrongful death, auto accident and general negligence cases. Mr. Vigliotti later joined another firm where he gained experience in Plaintiff’s personal injury cases.
In 2008, Mr. Vigliotti started his own law practice where he focuses the bulk of his efforts on the defense of all criminal matters and personal injury litigation. He currently serves as Chief Counsel for the New York State Fraternal Order of Police Foundation Inc., and is former staff counsel to a New York State Senator. Mr. Vigliotti has been active in teaching trial advocacy to law students. He has been asked several times to teach at Hofstra Law School’s Trial Advocacy program courses.
Mr. Vigliotti is a former traffic prosecutor at 16 Cooper Street and handles both simple and complex traffic matters from arraignment to trial.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law – Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Drug Violations
- Traffic Violations
- Personal Injury
- Business Formation
- New York, 2002
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Juris Doctorate – 2001
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude – January, 1997
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Chaminade High School – Dean’s List Every Semester – 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Former Assistant District Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association
- Colombian Lawyers Society
- Member of the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Nassau County Assigned Counsel Panel (Felony & Misdemeanor Panels)
Past Employment Positions
- Prestigious Insurance Defense Firm
- Nassau County District Attorney’s Office , Assistant District Attorney , 2001 – 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Former Long Island Volunteer Fireman, 1995 – 1998
- Assisted at Fire and Accident scenes
- Trained in CPR
- Operated Life Saving Apparatus
- Utilized language skills to assist non-English speaking victims and Participated in community outreach programs designed to educate adults and children on fire safety and Basic first aid procedures.